NAICS Code 33621 Motor Vehicle Body and Trailer Manufacturing
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in (1) manufacturing motor vehicle bodies and cabs or (2) manufacturing truck, automobile and utility trailers, truck trailer chassis, detachable trailer bodies, and detachable trailer chassis. The products made may be sold separately or may be assembled on purchased chassis and sold as complete vehicles. Motor homes are units where the motor and the living quarters are contained in the same integrated unit, while travel trailers are designed to be towed by a motor unit, such as an automobile or a light truck.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Making manufactured homes (i.e., mobile homes): classified in Industry 32199, All Other Wood Product Manufacturing
- Customizing automotive vehicle and trailer interiors (i.e., van conversions) on an individual basis: classified in Industry 81112, Automotive Body, Paint, Interior, and Glass Repair
- Manufacturing light duty motor home chassis and assembling complete motor homes: classified in Industry 33611, Automobile and Light Duty Motor Vehicle Manufacturing
- Manufacturing heavy duty truck chassis and assembling heavy duty trucks, buses, motor homes, and other special purpose heavy duty motor vehicles for highway use: classified in Industry 33612, Heavy DutyTruck Manufacturing.
- Semitrailer manufacturing
- Bodies and cabs, truck, manufacturing
- Pickup canopies, caps, or covers manufacturing
- Camper unit, slide-in, for pick-up trucks, manufacturing
- Travel trailers, recreational, manufacturing
- Motor homes, self-contained, assembling on purchased chassis