NAICS Code 33149 Nonferrous Metal (except Copper and Aluminum) Rolling, Drawing, Extruding, and Alloying
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in one or more of the following: (1) recovering nonferrous metals (except copper and aluminum) and nonferrous metal alloys from scrap; (2) alloying purchased nonferrous metals (except copper and aluminum); (3) rolling, drawing, and extruding shapes from purchased nonferrous metals (except copper and aluminum); and (4) recovering nonferrous metals from scrap (except copper and aluminum) and rolling, drawing, or extruding shapes in integrated facilities.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Rolling, drawing, and/or extruding aluminum or secondary smelting and alloying of aluminum: classified in Industry 33131, Alumina and Aluminum Production and Processing
- Recovering copper and copper alloys from scrap, alloying purchased copper, rolling, drawing, or extruding shapes from purchased copper, and recovering copper or copper alloys from scrap and rolling, drawing, orextruding shapes in integrated mills: classified in Industry 33142, Copper Rolling, Drawing, Extruding,and Alloying
- Insulating purchased nonferrous wire: classified in Industry 33592, Communication and Energy Wire and Cable Manufacturing
- Making primary nonferrous metals and rolling, drawing, or extruding nonferrous metal shapes: classified in Industry 33141, Nonferrous Metal (except Aluminum) Smelting and Refining
- Manufacturing products from purchased wire: classified in Industry 33261, Spring and Wire Product Manufacturing
- Sorting and breaking up scrap metal without also smelting or refining: classified in Sector 42, Wholesale Trade
- Operating facilities where commingled recyclable materials, such as paper, plastics, used beverage cans, and metals, are sorted into distinct categories without also smelting or refining: classified in Industry56292, Materials Recovery Facilities.
USA List Sample