NAICS Code 31142 Fruit and Vegetable Canning, Pickling, and Drying
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing canned, pickled, and dried fruits, vegetables, and specialty foods. Establishments in this industry may package the dried or dehydrated ingredients they make with other purchased ingredients. Examples of products made by these establishments are canned juices; canned baby foods; canned soups (except seafood); canned dry beans; canned tomato-based sauces, such as catsup, salsa, chili, spaghetti, barbeque, and tomato paste, pickles, relishes, jams and jellies, dried soup mixes and bullions, and sauerkraut.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Manufacturing canned dairy products: classified in Industry 31151, Dairy Product (except Frozen) Manufacturing
- Manufacturing canned seafood soups and seafood products: classified in Industry 31171, Seafood Product Preparation and Packaging
- Manufacturing canned meat products: classified in Industry 31161, Animal Slaughtering and Processing
- Milling rice and packaging it with other ingredients or manufacturing vegetable flours and meals: classified in Industry 31121, Flour Milling and Malt Manufacturing
- Manufacturing dry pasta and packaging it with other ingredients: classified in Industry 31182, Cookie, Cracker, and Pasta Manufacturing
- Mixing purchased dried and/or dehydrated potatoes, rice, and pasta and packaging them with other purchased ingredients; mixing purchased dried and/or dehydrated ingredients for soup mixes and bouillon;and manufacturing canned puddings: classified in Industry 31199, All Other Food Manufacturing
- Manufacturing dry salad dressing and dry sauce mixes: classified in Industry 31194, Seasoning and Dressing Manufacturing
- Manufacturing canned fruit and vegetable drinks, cocktails, and ades: classified in Industry 31211, Soft Drink and Ice Manufacturing.
Sample Business Listings