NAICS Code 31121 Flour Milling and Malt Manufacturing
DescriptionThis industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in one or more of the following: (1) milling flour or meal from grains or vegetables; (2) preparing flour mixes or doughs from flour milled in the same establishment; (3) milling, cleaning, and polishing rice; and (4) manufacturing malt from barley, rye, or other grains.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in
- Preparing breakfast cereals from flour milled in the same establishment: classified in Industry 31123, Breakfast Cereal Manufacturing
- Crushing soybeans or wet milling corn and vegetables: classified in Industry 31122, Starch and Vegetable Fats and Oils Manufacturing
- Manufacturing prepared flour mixes or doughs from flour ground elsewhere: classified in Industry 31182, Cookie, Cracker, and Pasta Manufacturing
- Brewing malt beverages: classified in Industry 31212, Breweries
- Mixing purchased dried and dehydrated ingredients with purchased rice: classified in Industry 31199, All Other Food Manufacturing
- Drying and/or dehydrating ingredients and packaging them with purchased rice: classified in Industry 31142, Fruit and Vegetable Canning, Pickling, and Drying
- Manufacturing malt extract and syrups: classified in Industry 31194, Seasoning and Dressing Manufacturing.