NAICS Code 212321 Construction Sand and Gravel Mining
IndustryMining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction
DescriptionThis U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in one or more of the following: (1) operating commercial grade (i.e., construction) sand and gravel pits; (2) dredging for commercial grade sand and gravel; and (3) washing, screening, or otherwise preparing commercial grade sand and gravel.
Cross ReferencesEstablishments primarily engaged in mining industrial grade sand are classified in U.S. Industry 212322, Industrial Sand Mining.
- Common sand quarrying and/or beneficiating
- Construction sand and gravel beneficiating (e.g., grinding, screening, washing)
- Construction sand or gravel dredging
- Gravel quarrying and/or beneficiating
- Pebbles (except grinding) mining and/or beneficiating
- Sand and gravel quarrying (i.e., construction grade) and/or beneficiating
- Sand, construction grade, quarrying and/or beneficiating