Product Codes - US & International
Product Classification systems organize products using standardized coding systems. There are several different classification systems that each classify products using alpha-numerical designations. There is not a universal product classification system and therefore the systems used in a particular country will vary.
- NAPCS - North American Product Classification System - a demand oriented system designed by the U.S., Mexican, and Canadian governments. It is not finalized and currently a work-in-process
- CPA - Statistical Classification of Products by Activity - classification of products (goods/services) at the European Union level
- HS - Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System - multipurpose international nomenclature system set up by the World Customs Organization (WCO)
- CPC - Central Product Classification - classification for goods and services set up by the United Nations, intended to be an international standard
- CN - Combined Nomenclature - European system used in export and statistical declarations